It's A Big Deal
“For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.” 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
Happily, Easter After! That is how I am feeling the week after our Easter celebration. I am believing for new life and the beginning of something big in our midst!
A couple of weeks ago I was meeting with a pastor/friend and they asked me what my biggest prayer needs were for Easter. I expressed that I was more focused and anticipating what would happen in the weeks following than on that special Sunday.
What happened on Easter Sunday, when Jesus rose from the grave and defeated death, was A BIG DEAL. The conquering work of our Savior was meant to produce a continuing mission and constant heartbeat of His followers. Following the resurrection of Jesus, the believers in the Bible made IT A BIG DEAL to…
1) Daily connect, doing faith and sharing life together (Acts 2:42-47).
2) Boldly proclaim the good news about Christ’s death and resurrection (1 John 1:1-4).
3) Continually strive for love, unity, and peace (Colossians 3:12-14).
These things should be A BIG DEAL for our church family too. As wonderful as last Easter Sunday was, there is a new work ready to be birthed and blossom this Sunday (April 11th)! Let me signal us to three things happening beginning this weekend:
1) SPRING TEACHING SERIES- We launch a new series entitled, “It’s a Big Deal!” as we look at the things the Bible says matter most to our faith and fellowship.
2) KIDS CHURCH CLASS- We resume having a special place for our kids to enjoy and grow! This Sunday we will begin a class for school-aged students (Kidergarten-5th grade). After checking in (at the lobby) and joining the adults for worship (in the sanctuary), the kids will go to the newly renovated Kids Church Room for a game, Bible lesson, discussion, and more.
3) FAITH APP- This four-week class is a must for anyone new to the faith, new to the church, or who wants to engage their faith to make it an “Everyday Awesome” experience. Join me this Sunday at 11:30 am as we look at God’s plan, our identity, what discipleship and the church is all about. Each person who completes Faith App will receive a certificate, gift, and a catered lunch on week four.
Easter was big indeed, but let’s believe that God wants to build on it in beautiful ways!